this week's bulletin
|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Liz Wall
Worship Leader: Joyce
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Helena, Lisa
March 8, 2020
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Glory Be to God in the Highest
Lord You are so Good
Receive My Praise, Oh Lord!
Joy Overflows My Heart
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena
Share & Prayer
Song: You are the Lifter of my Hands
Praising the Lord Always
Meditation: Liz Wall
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: The Blood of Jesus will Never Lose It’s Power
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (10th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday (10th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl
- Girls Club: Friday (13th)
- Blanket Ceremony - please sign up on the sheet in the foyer if you would be interested in participating in a
blanket ceremony after church one Sunday.
- We need to have delegates from our church to attend the MCAlberta AGM taking place at First Mennonite
Church this year on March 20th and 21st. We are allowed 6 delegates (voting rights) but anyone can attend and
speak to issues. Please let Joanne De Jong know if you are interested in being a delegate.
- Save the Date: Our Holyrood AGM will be on March 29. Plan now to bring a bag lunch and join us following
the worship service.
- You are invited to the 22nd Annual Interfaith Symposium on March 19th at Baitul Hadi Mosque 7005-98
Avenue. The topic is: The concept of Peace According to my Faith. Registration begins at 5:30 PM with the
program starting at 6:30 PM. This is a ladies only event which has free admission and refreshments will be
served. See the poster for details.
- Please pray for Jean-Felix Mwamba and Charlotte, as Jean-Felix’s oldest brother died in Congo last week.
- Pray for Werner and family, as they grieve the loss of his mother. Please especially hold up Werner’s father in
prayer, as he had been married for 60 years.
- Please continue to pray for healing for Helena’s carpal tunnel. Praise that it has been improving.
- Please keep Jill Taniguchi in your prayers, as she undergoes treatments for breast cancer.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Please pray for public health authorities in South Korea as they deal with the spread of the coronavirus. Pray
that Bock Ki and Sook Kyoung, MC Canada International Witness Workers, will be a presence of peace to their
NEXT SUNDAY (15th)
- Speaker: Siaka Traore
- Worship Leader: Thomas
- Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Scripture Reader:
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Usher: Dave
- Food Bank (17th): Host(s) Ben, Pearl
- Coffee & Conversation this Tuesday at 10:00 at Lendrum Mennonite Church - Elder Advocate, Ruth Adria will
be speaking with us. All are welcome!
- Carnival of Cultures! On Saturday afternoon, March 14, you are invited to a Carnival of Cultures (hosted at
Lendrum Mennonite Church, 11210 59 Ave). Learn about the history of EMCN, listen to stories of newcomers,
and enjoy international food and music. There will be activities for children and grownups, and opportunities to
donate to EMCN's Embrace Campaign to renovate our Language Centre for Newcomers. See the poster on the
bulletin board for more details.
- Come learn about our brother and sister Mennonites in Burkina Faso, West Africa: Sunday, March 15 at
12:30 pm. Pastor Siaka Traoré, from the Église Évangelique Mennonite du Burkina Faso will be at First
Mennonite Church (3650 91 Street) for a casual lunch and conversation. He will also be speaking about the
quickly changing peace witness for the church in the context of growing tension from increasing radical Jihadist
attacks. You are welcome to join us for lunch and conversation. To help with lunch planning, please RSVP Cari
Friesen Buhr at 780-461-9459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our community friends for a Strawberry Tea at Grace United Church (6215 – 104 Avenue) Sunday,
March 29 at 2:30 p.m. Encourage spring’s arrival by enjoying tea, strawberry treats, and fellowship. Adults -
$6.00, children - $4.00 Everybody welcome!
- At-Home Materials: Show Us This resource for the home is adapted from congregational worship resources for
Lent, printed in Leader magazine, which is published by MennoMedia.
- MCA Assembly 2020 Report Book is now online. Visit mcab.ca/assembly to download.
- Summerfest: Handmade Market & Auction – Celebrate MCC's centennial year of relief, development and
peace at the relief sale! This year’s relief sale will be held at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park, Alberta on May
22 – 23, 2020. For full details visit: mccreliefsale.com.
- You are invited to - SAVE THE DATES - June 5, 6 & 7, 2020 - in LA CRETE for the Mennonite Historical Society
of Alberta Annual General Meeting & Spring Conference - June 6, La Crete Heritage Centre, Registration $20.00,
Guest Speakers: Susan Siemens - La Crete - Mennonites in the Peace Country and Dr. Colin Neufeldt -
Edmonton - Russian Mennonite History. If you want to ride on the luxury bus going to the conference on June
5, please call Dave Toews 780-218-7411 or email@example.com ($110/pp) Poster on bulletin board.
- New RJC website now live! It is now possible for prospective students to apply online, it more convenient for
supporters to make online donations, and easier to find information on school events. Visit us today at rjc.sk.ca.
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.