|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Joyce
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Doreen, Helena
February 2, 2020
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: PPT - What a friend we have in Jesus
PPT - Ancient words
HWB 545 - Be Thou my vision
Offering: My Mother’s Old Bible is True
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Diane
Share & Prayer
Song: STJ 27 - God of the Bible
Scripture Reading: Deut 6:1-12, Psalm 1 (Page 190, 567) ~ Bokolo
Meditation: “Taking God’s Word to Heart” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 567 - How Firm a Foundation
- Food Bank: Tuesday (4th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane
- The memorial service for Ruth Virginia (Ginny) Brubaker will be held at Lendrum Mennonite Church on
February 28 at 1 PM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Mennonite Central Committee.
- Please pray for the Chokpelleh family, as they have lost a family member.
- Pray for Werner’s mother, as she recovers from two broken hips.
- Please pray for Ann’s neighbour.
- Praise that Helena’s hand has been improving.
- Please pray for Betty as she waits for the final stages of chemotherapy.
- Please pray for Antoinette and family as they grieve the loss of her uncle.
- Pray for EMCN to find a new Director.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
Brubaker, George Varghese.
- 3rd Annual Trivia Night! Camp Valaqua's third annual trivia night is happening this February 8th at 6:30.
Both Calgary (Foothills Mennonite Church) and Edmonton (First Mennonite) will be hosting again this year.
Everyone is welcome! The cost will be $20 at the door and donations will be taken. Sign up with a team or as a
individual by emailing Kevin @ firstname.lastname@example.org (Calgary) or Dan @ email@example.com
- MCA Annual Delegate Session - Save the Date - March 20-21 at First Mennonite in Edmonton. Launching
year 1 - Encountering, Embracing, Embodying Christ in Life. Registration coming soon. You don't need to be a
delegate to attend! See what is happening in our Alberta family.
- Camp Valaqua - Summer Registration is OPEN! campvalaqua.com
- MCA Women's Retreat - Save the Date - June 5-7 in Sylvan Lake.
- The Great Winter Warm-Up - That's a wrap! Together we collected over 7,200 comforters for displaced
people worldwide! Thank you for helping us exceed our goal and touch the lives of thousands of people in need.
- MCC Ottawa Student Seminar, Feb 20 - 22, 2020, Non-violence for Social Change: Active Peacebuilding.
Visit mccab.ca/student-seminar for more information. Travel subsidies are available - contact Carol at MCC
Alberta to apply firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-275-6935.
- Anabaptist Witness: Call for submissions. Anabaptist Witness welcomes submissions of various genres
(sermons, photo essays, interviews, biographies, poems, academic papers, etc.) for its October 2020 issue on
“Displacement: Land, Indigenous Peoples, and Mission.” The deadline is April 1, 2020. View submission
- You are invited to Cornerstone Counselling’s Invite the Light Luncheon. For the first time, Glori Meldrum,
founder of Little Warriors and g[squared], will share her journey with faith and mental health. Although she is
an accomplished business leader, Glori’s path to success was far from easy. As a survivor of child sexual abuse,
from the age of 8 to 10 years old, she has endured unspeakable trauma. Recently, a struggle with stage 3
cancer caused her life to come crashing to a halt. Glori felt like she’d never recover from the overwhelming
darkness and despair. It took all she had, but she began a journey that led to rediscovering her faith, practicing
self-love, and focusing on her own mental health. By digging deep within herself, and by leaning on others
when she needed to, she has discovered resiliency, love, and hope by being a voice for vulnerable children, and
by advocating for social change in the business and philanthropic communities. That’s why “My Journey Home”
is the theme of her speech for the 2020 Invite the Light Luncheon. To Glori, coming home means learning to
surrender, living life to the fullest while serving others, and leading from a place of love instead of fear. Glori’s
testimony of vulnerability, faith, and strength during life’s darkest moments will leave you inspired and in awe
of His grace. Come hear her speak, enjoy a 3 course meal and enjoy some local music. March 11, 11:3 - 1:30
pm Tickets: $55 each, visit www.cornerstonecounselling.com/itl
NEXT SUNDAY (9th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Thomas
- Music: African Team
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Scripture Reader: Helena
- Greeters: Grace, Lisa
- Usher: Ben
- Food Bank (11th): Host(s) Doreen, Diane
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.